Description: HR CLERK
Job Summary: The Human Resources Clerk provides clerical support to assigned personnel; communicates information to staff, the public, and other districts; and provides information and/or direction as may be requested.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Social Security Card
- Proof of immunity to Measles and German Measles
- Valid picture ID
- Fingerprint/background clearance (upon employment)
- Minimum one year job-related experience in school district HR
- Provides clerical support to the Human Resources Department
- Screens employment applications for the purpose of assessing applicant qualifications
- Answers telecommunication system for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages
- Evaluates situations (e.g. involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution
- Coordinates Administrative interviews
- Maintains schedules (e.g. meetings, room schedules, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating available space
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. schedules, agendas, mail, purchase orders, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties
- Responds to inquiries of staff, the public, parents and/or students for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required
- Placement for student’s to complete their practicum hours while in education programs
- Process benefits payments
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
Skills are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment; and performing standard clerical procedures.
Knowledge is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; understand written procedures, write routine documents and speak clearly; and understand multi-step oral and written instructions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: various position-specific information learned on-the-job.
Ability is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; routinely gather, collate and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. In working with others, problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; being attentive to detail; adhering to safety practices; meeting deadlines and schedules; and maintaining detailed records.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; providing information and/advising others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the Organization’s services.
Working Conditions: The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine-finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 35% sitting, 20% walking, and 45% standing. The job is preformed under minimal temperature variations and some hazardous conditions.
Apply Online @ www.pesd92.org