JobID 1148 : Full-time Payroll Specialist (#407249)
Hours: Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Normal Work Time: 40 hours per week
Pay: Starting at $16.00/hour, plus comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, life) and paid vacation time
Summary: The Payroll Specialist is responsible for external employee payroll data entry, administrative duties to support the Payroll Department, as well auditing payroll. A Payroll Specialist will also serve as the first line of dealing with employee payroll issues.
- Responsible for answering incoming calls and or emails regarding payroll and occasional non-payroll related matters.
- Assisting external employees/customers with payroll
- Processing timesheets/spreadsheets
- Ensure that customer payrolls are processed timely and accurately
- Process reconciled payroll in the Absence Management system, also assist employees and clients with payroll related issues
- Assist with verification of employments, processing child support orders, garnishments etc.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required; Associates preferred
- Previous payroll or data entry experience
- Experience in dealing with customers’ needs
- Knowledge of word processing programs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to be able to problem solve and trouble shoot with clients/employees
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and must have a strong attention to detail