2nd Shift Custodian
2nd Shift Mon-Fri, 3pm-11pm
TITLE: BUILDING CUSTODIAN
DEPARTMENT: Building and Grounds
REPORTS TO: Head Custodian
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position of Building Custodian has been established for the purpose/s of maintaining the physical school structures and grounds in condition of operating excellence to ensure full educational use at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary)
- Cleans restrooms and locker/shower areas in accordance with established District procedures.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Follows safety and health standards and rules established by the District.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for repairs.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuums and dusts in accordance with established District procedures.
- Works effectively unaided and with or without supervision after training period has been completed.
- Cleans snow, ice and debris from sidewalks and pedestrian traffic areas.
- Assists other custodians and team members within the building.
- Assists the Head Custodian in maintaining an adequate inventory of cleaning and safety supplies.
- May be required to work weekend and evening athletic and activity functions on a rotational schedule with other building custodial staff, as needed.
- Responsible for securing building, including interior and exterior doors and windows, and setting alarm system at end of shift.
- Responsible for proper raising/lowering and storage of flags.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training is a plus.
- Able to work accurately and neatly.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger handle, or feel or reach.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, taste, and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This is a summary of typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined here to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the Buildings department. Other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.