Transportation Technician/Vehicle Air Conditioning Specialist - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Education Products and Services
Spring Branch Independent School District
Transportation Technician/Vehicle Air Conditioning Specialist
Job Title: Transportation Technician/Vehicle Air Conditioning Specialist Reports To: Transportation Fleet Manager Classification: Auxiliary Salary: See Compensation Plan for Auxiliary Pay Plan, Pay Grade 308 Wage/Hour Status: Exempt Days: 250 Contract: None Date Revised: 10/21/2019 Primary Purpose: Responsible for performing Diagnostics, Maintenance and repairs to all district vehicle Air Conditioning Systems. In addition, must be able to perform diagnostics and mechanical repairs on district buses and vehicles as needed. Qualifications/Skills: Education/License:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have Air Conditioning Certification, Preferably TASBT, ASE, Technical training school, Manufacturer specific training certificates or equivalent experience.
- Must have an acceptable driving record as determined by the Texas Department of Public Safety. Must be able to obtain a class B CDL Driver’s license with a P & S endorsement within 60 days of your hire date.
- ASE automotive or school bus certification desirable.
- Must have 3 years working knowledge of vehicle components and operation of brake, cooling, fuel, starting and charging systems, and be able to efficiently repair failures of each system.
- Practice regular and reliable attendance.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication with Supervisors and co workers.
- Possess knowledge of hand tools and shop equipment operation.
- Pass all district requirements for new employees.
Responsibilities: Repair and Maintenance:
- Repair and replacement of bolt on components.
- Maintain and repair district vehicle Air Conditioning Systems as needed, Service transmissions, engines, chassis lubrication and fuel system
- Test, adjust, replace and repair engine performance on Diesel and Gasoline powered vehicles.
- Perform tire work as needed.
- Keep shop equipment clean, operational and safe.
- Participate in cross training, attend in-service training and safety meetings as required by the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: School bus, safety equipment, fire extinguisher. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling and climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying.
- Moderate exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
955 Campbell , Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558