Child Care Aide (Periodic Work, As Needed)
MANCHESTER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TITLE: Child Care Aide (Periodic Work, As Needed)
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
RESPONSIBILITIES:To assist the Office of Family & Community Partnership in providing evening child care services during community meetings, family functions, PTA meetings and other evening activities in various school buildings as scheduled. Summary of essential job functions:
1. Observe and monitor children's play activities.
2. Participate in recreational activities, such as games.
3. Read to children, assist in coloring, drawing, some crafts.
4. Assist in serving meals and refreshments to children.
5. Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:Must be 18 years or older, experience in child care, experience in leading appropriate activities for children, an understanding and acceptance of diversity, ability to work cooperatively with others, ability to communicate effectively with parents and staff.