(PA) Head Start Site Assistant BCIU
Posted 2 years ago
This position is responsible for ensuring smooth operations of the Head Start office/center. The Site Assistant is also responsible for duties related to administration, including answering phones and directing phone calls, maintaining files and supporting the Head Start center as needed. Must have knowledge of the basics of working with preschool children and an understanding of the purpose of Head Start. Ability to effectively communicate with children, families, staff, management, referral sources and the Public is also required.
- The Site Assistant performs all duties as required by the Site Manager and Head Start Management Team. The Site Assistant performs other duties as assigned relating to the administrative component, including policy and procedure updates, typing, word processing, faxing, acting as point of contact and other clerical duties.
- Manages the receiving and distribution of incoming and out-going mail, overnight, shipping, faxes, etc.
- Receives and distributes food deliveries, monitors inventory, and other CACFP related duties.
- Carries out procedures for general office systems, such as office building security, telephone system and messaging.
- Assists managers/specialists/coordinators/supervisors to support program operations.
- Assists with data entry
- Plans and oversees a system for maintenance of: Inventory records, along with the Site Manager and/or immediate supervisor, Program files, to include reports, correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, training logs, safety logs, etc., Office machines, computers, fax, copy machines, and office furniture in collaboration with the Site Manager and/or immediate supervisor, Office supplies, and Program keys and key check-out system; including tracking, sign-out and return of keys in cooperation with the Site Manager and/or immediate supervisor
- Current CDA (Child Development Associate) credential; or
- Be enrolled in a CDA credential program to completed within 2 years of being hired; or
- Minimum of Associate's Degree
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking preferred
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting
- School Health Form: Physical and Tuberculosis Test
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.