(PA) Personal Care Aide Level 2 Souderton Area School District
Posted 3 years ago
A MissionOne Level 2 Personal Care Aide's functions are to increase the quality of education by assisting one particular student with instructional and non-instructional activities. Personal Care Aides (PCAs) are not responsible for the design, direction or evaluation of the teaching/learning process. Because the PCA is assisting one particular student, regular attendance is required to fulfill the duties of this position. A Personal Care Aide may be used in any instructional situation under the direct, immediate supervision of a certified professional to perform those tasks specified in the job description. The role of the assistant varies according to the program assignment. Usually, duties will vary from program to program.
- Provide direct support to students requiring intense behavior supports including but not limited to self-injurious behaviors, verbal and physical aggression.
- The personal care assistant is assigned to an individual student or group of students to assist each student to maintain appropriate and equitable participation in the school setting. The PCA will directly support student/s within the classroom and school environments.
- PCAs will provide instructional, behavioral and/or physical assistance to student/s including, but not limited to, the use of assistive technology, on-tasks/attentional prompting, facilitating social skills, ADLs (all skills of daily living), toileting and self-care skills.
- Implement and maintain specific behavior, medical, emergency, and/or crisis plans
- Collect and document data as directed by teacher and BCBA.
- Maintain high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Monitor psychosocial adjustment to medical conditions
- Assist teacher or student to arrange the environment of the classroom to best meet the student's needs
- Attend training sessions, in-services, workshops, and/or meetings, if requested
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned by school administration and MissionOne
- Understand and adhere to all MissionOne and school district policies and procedures
- High School Diploma
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting
- Crisis Prevention Training (CPI)
- School Health Form: Physical and Tuberculosis Test
- Valid Driver's License
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- ABA Training/Experience
- Continuing Education Hours (Based on Hire Date)
- Act 126
- Previous experience in special education classrooms as a PCA or 1:1
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.