(PA) Emotional Support Aide Carlisle Area School District
Posted 3 years ago
Assist teaching staff with instructional tasks in the classroom to provide special needs students with extra assistance; ensure assignments are completed accurately while maintain confidentiality.
The minimum requirements for this position are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be willing to obtain Paraprofessional Certificate or already have 60 credits
- Previous experience with special needs students
- Complete Safe Crisis Management course
- To be hired for this position you will need the required PA clearances to be dated no more than one Year prior to your employment start date
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and support activities in the classroom under the direction of the Emotional Support Teacher
- Assist in the routine management of the Emotional Support classroom by duplicating and organizing materials and preparing the classroom for activities Assist students and regular education teachers as well as those in the United Arts Classes.
- Carry out teaching objectives and directions provided by the teacher or assist a substitute, including managing disruptive behavior to ensure classroom safety
- Provide intensive one-to-one cognitive and behavioral reinforcements; escort students throughout the school buildings as requested
- Participate in and contribute to the development of IEPs and multidisciplinary evaluations as requested.
- Maintain a working knowledge of students' programs and communicate observed academic and emotional progress as requested
- Monitor and record data respective to behavior management plans as developed by the teaching staff
- Monitor students outside of the Emotional Support Group and update the Emotional Support Teacher
- Perform other duties as directed by the Principal/Emotional Support Teacher
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.