JobID 456 : (VA) Special Education Teacher Henrico County Public Schools (#381714)
Posted 3 years ago
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
Extensive knowledge in current trends in exceptional education and in educational methodology, ability to plan, organize and deliver instruction which meets individual and group needs, and the ability to manage a classroom.
This employee designs and implements instruction for students with disabilities in Henrico County Schools. The incumbent is responsible for planning, delivering, and evaluating individual educational programs for students based on individual student needs and the goals and objectives of the Henrico County School Board and administration.
- Communicates with parents, students, outside agencies and other professionals.
- Develops IEPs for students that comply with HCPS and VaDOE regulations and guidelines
- Maintains student caseload in regard to compliance with IEP development and three year re-evaluations, communication and consultation with other teachers and related service providers (e.g., student accommodations, SOL testing information)
- Gathers ongoing instructional and behavioral data
- Plans and adjusts daily instructional and behavioral programs based on data
- Assesses student progress and reports to parents, at minimum, through quarterly IEP progress reports
- Requisitions material and equipment and performs other clerical tasks required
- Implements instruction and behavior management
- Provides assistance with mobility, toileting, feeding, etc. as required
- Facilitates IEP meetings for caseload students using established HCPS meeting protocol
- Functions as a member of a professional team
- Carries out transition activities with parents and other professionals
- Plans, directs, and evaluates the work of an instructional assistant
- Uses IEP software
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in special education, preferred
- Valid Virginia Teaching Certificate or eligibility - Special Education General Curriculum or minimum endorsement of Specific Learning Disabilities