(PA) Clinician Occupational Therapist BLaST IU
Posted 3 years ago
The Occupational Therapist will work in conjunction with classroom teachers and other school staff to deliver appropriate services that relate to each student's IEP.
- Provides in-service trainings to WIU/District staff members as it relates to occupational therapy.
- Serves as the liaison for community and professional agencies.
- Communicates with physicians regarding specifics of OT.
- Participates in ER, RR, IEP, MDE, IST and staffing meetings when appropriate.
- Obtains parent and physician permission for services as needed.
- Schedules occupational therapy services for students as needed.
- Provides parents, teachers, and LEAs with written evaluations.
- Maintains documentation of specific occupational therapy services.
- Provides services based on recommendations from evaluations.
- Maintains procedural safeguards related to due process procedures.
- Complies with all rules of student confidentiality and standards of practice and ethical conduct of the occupational therapy profession in all phases of program operation.
- Provides classroom monitoring and individual services to teachers and students in both special and general education.
- Provides screening, assessment, evaluation and treatment services to students as appropriate.
- Utilizes the IEP and MDE processes in formulating interventions for students.
- Makes recommendations regarding design and adaptation of classroom equipment and related devices as necessary for use with students.
- Provides assessment and evaluation of children who have been referred by the professional educators of the school district though IEP or the building referral process.
- Assists teachers with the development of IEP goals.
- Provides purchase orders for appropriate supplies.
- Assists in coordinating professional development activities in regards to continuing education.
- Supervises occupational therapy assistants according to OT standards.
- Assists with orientation process of new staff and develops orientation manual.
- Performs other program-related activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Health Services Coordinator, the Executive Director or designee.
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy
- NBCOT Certification
- Certification from the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Pediatric and School based experience required
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting
- School Health Form: Physical and Tuberculosis Test
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.