(PA) Job Coach BLaST IU Bradford Location
Posted 3 years ago
MissionOne Job Coaches provide support to the instructional program with specific responsibilities for supporting work experience opportunities for special education students by maintaining liaisons with community businesses and organizations; developing pre-employment and employment skills and providing information and/or direction to students on the job site.
- Assists vocational coordinator, teachers and related staff for the purpose of supporting lesson plans and/or developing students' vocational skills.
- Collects proper documentation for the purpose of meeting the required items for program participation and/or parent/guardian approval.
- Coordinates employer and school partners for the purpose of meeting the work education objectives.
- May counsel students in job search skills for the purpose of informing them of employment and career options.
- Maintains a variety of confidential and non-confidential manual and electronic lists and records for the purpose of documenting activities and/or providing reliable information.
- Monitors student performance in a variety of work sites according to program guidelines for the purpose of identifying areas requiring additional training on techniques and methods for maintaining solid work habits.
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports and written materials (e.g. reports, instructions, memos, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to teachers, providing written support used for developing recommendations and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required.
- Tutors students in vocational skills (e.g. work requirements, interviewing skills, self-determination, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing their readiness for employment.
- High School Diploma; or
- 60 College Credits and Highly Qualified Para Certification
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting
- School Health Form: Physical and Tuberculosis Test
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Act 126
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.