JobID 440 : (PA) Behavioral Health Worker BLaST IU Bradford Location (#381704)
Posted 3 years ago
The MissionOne Behavioral Health worker will perform direct treatment in a supportive role within the BLaST Intermediate Unit for the Academy for Integrated Studies to meet individualized behavioral and academic needs of the students.
- Participate in group therapy sessions as a co-leader under the direction of the Social Worker
- Conduct behavioral modification under the direction of the Social Worker
- Assist with crisis intervention and stabilization strategies as needed
- Develop and maintain an environment which is non-threatening, safe, nurturing, and where the students and their families feel respected, accepted, and welcome
- Assist in conducting formal and informal assessments as needed
- Facilitate a safe and efficient transition between activities with attention to facilitate student’s individual needs
- Utilize a school-wide positive behavior system in the management of group and client behaviors
- Communicate and work cooperatively with co-workers and students to meet student needs
- Adhere to legal and ethical standards in the provision of behavioral health and educational services
- Assist teacher and social worker in developing and implementing behavioral modification system
- Assist with data collection and record keeping
- Assistance with the documentation of student, behavior, attendance, record maintenance, end of year reports and other reports as required
- Understand and adhere to all MissionOne and BLaST Intermediate Unit policies and procedures
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services
- At least one year of experience in mental health preferred.
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting
- School Health Form: Physical and Tuberculosis Test
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.