(PA) Personal Care Aide BLaST IU Bradford
Posted 4 years ago
A MissionOne Personal Care Aide's functions are to increase the quality of education by assisting one particular student with instructional and non-instructional activities. Personal Care Aides (PCAs) are not responsible for the design, direction or evaluation of the teaching/learning process. Because the PCA is assisting one particular student, regular attendance is required to fulfill the duties of this position. A Personal Care Aide may be used in any instructional situation under the direct, immediate supervision of a certified professional to perform those tasks specified in the job description. The role of the assistant varies according to the program assignment. Usually, duties will vary from program to program.
- Assist with self-sufficiency training and maintenance of skills for a child with physical disabilities
- Assume duties of a personal care nature which will allow the child to participate to the maximum extent in the least restrictive environment
- Encourage, support, and educate the student by assisting in the performance of activities of daily living necessary for his/her comfort, well-being, and integrity
- Assist student in managing and maintaining his/her environment to meet his/her special physical and psychological needs
- Monitor the incidence and prevalence of selected health problems
- Monitor psychosocial adjustment to medical conditions
- Assist teacher or student to arrange the environment of the classroom to best meet the student's needs
- Attend training sessions, in-services, workshops, and/or meetings, if requested
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned by school administration and MissionOne
- Understand and adhere to all MissionOne and school district policies and procedures
- High School Diploma; or
- 60 College Credits and Highly Qualified Para Certification
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Fingerprinting
- School Health Form: Physical and Tuberculosis Test
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Act 126
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.