(NJ) Bus Aide Phillipsburg School District
Posted 4 years ago
MissionOne bus aides assist the school bus driver in providing a safe, orderly, and efficient transportation service for students. They support the needs of students during routine activities and emergency situations. MissionOne bus aides effectively supervise and manage the behavior of students and often provide support for an individual student or group of students with special needs and/or disabilities.
- Ensure the safe and orderly conduct of students on the bus at all times
- Assist students with disabilities when entering and exiting the bus
- Provide instruction to students regarding proper safety; ensure seat belts are worn
- Assist with student's wheelchair on the bus, if applicable
- Participate in scheduled emergency bus evacuation drills
- Assist bus driver and students in the event of a bus accident
- Collect personal items left on bus and return them to school secretary
- Ensure all students exit the bus upon arrival at destination
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned by school administration and MissionOne
- Understand and adhere to all MissionOne and school district policies and procedures
- 48 College Credits or High School Diploma with Para Praxis
- Valid New Jersey Criminal History Approval Letter
- Tuberculosis test reflecting negative results, obtained within 6 months of initial employment
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.>