(NJ) Non Instructional Assistant Winslow School District
Posted 3 years ago
Under the direction of a certified classroom teacher and/or school administrator, a MissionOne non-instructional aide is responsible for providing assistance to instructional programs by assisting the teacher in achieving educational objectives by working with individual students or small groups of students to help them achieve the skill levels of the class as a whole. The non-instructional aide assists the teacher in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
- Assists students in special education and general education classes. Assists in preparation of materials for class, classroom activities, assignments, location of supplementary materials from school library and other resources areas, and test preparation; orally administers and transcribes tests if appropriate.
- Executes instructional activities with individual students or groups of students following teacher direction and demonstration. Provides review and reinforcement in assigned academic subject area; tutors in general education classroom subjects;assists with homework assignments. Provides assistance to students during special classes (art, music, etc.).
- Serve as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned, in the absence of the regular teacher
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Implements behavior management programs designed by teachers and/or school psychologist. Counts and records specific student behaviors; administers procedures in the positive behavior support plan;
- Observe student behavior and progress, keep notes, and report to classroom teacher and/or other school designee(s)
- Assist with administrative duties as directed such as recording grades, setting up equipment, preparing materials for instruction, etc.
- Attend to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs; help with translation and hygienic needs when necessary
- Promote a safe and orderly classroom environment; take all reasonable precautions to protect students, facilities, and materials
- Assist with bus loading and unloading during arrival and departure of students
- Demonstrate cooperation and flexibility in performing other related duties as assigned by school administration and MissionOne
- Understand and adhere to all MissionOne and school district policies and procedures
- A minimum of 48 College Credits or High School Diploma with Para Praxis
- Autism and Special Needs Experience Preferred
- Valid New Jersey Criminal History Approval Letter
- Tuberculosis test reflecting negative results, obtained within 6 months of initial employment
Why Work for MissionOne?
MissionOne was established in 2009 with the vision of helping all students achieve their maximum potential. A leader in the field of educational staffing and management, MissionOne enhances the quality of student support by providing highly skilled paraprofessional, clerical, and other support personnel to school districts. As a MissionOne employee, you will enjoy the security of working in a permanent position. We will give you the individualized attention and ongoing support that you need to succeed!
MissionOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.