JobID 175 : English Speaking Bilingual teachers (#381599)
Vida Charter School is accepting applications for English/Bilingual Teachers. Please reference the job description below for more information. This position requires a four-year degree, current clearances, and teacher certification.
ENGLISH SPEAKING ELEMENTARY BILINGUAL TEACHER
This is a full time position in a dual immersion (Spanish-English) elementary charter school. This is a unique opportunity to join the staff of a dual immersion, holistic charter school.
- PA elementary teaching certification
- BS or BA Degree Required
- English communication skills (reading, writing, speaking) – knowledge of Spanish preferred
- Required security clearances
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of research and trends in teaching and learning styles, as well as, teaching and learning strategies to meet a wide range of student learning styles and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work effectively with teachers, parents and students from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Collaborate closely with the Spanish bilingual teacher to effectively plan lessons that promote the maximum growth of students
- Work effectively with students, staff, community members and parents from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Seek community input to implement a curriculum that reflects the diversity of students
- Provide leadership and demonstrate willingness to seek and provide professional growth and development in the area of Elementary Education
- Develop and implement innovative methods for serving students in a school with a flexible schedule
- Contribute to the school's inclusive workplace efforts by fostering a safe, welcoming, and respectful environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned by school administration in accordance with school policies and practices.
This position is evaluated annually by the Executive Director. Evaluation is to be based upon fulfillment of duties and responsibilities listed in this job description as determined by observation, review of records and reports, and administrative judgment of the effectiveness and quality of technolog