Special Education Paraprofessionals (Tier II)
The Toms River Regional Board of Education has numerous openings for the following position:
Tier II Special Education Paraprofessionals are part of the Toms River Education Association (TREA) bargaining unit. These employees are paid $60.00 per day, (5.75 hours per day) for 180 school days and 2 professional days for a total annual salary of $10,920. Tier II Paraprofessionals are entitled to one sick day per month for a total of 10 sick days per school year that can be accumulated from year to year. As contracted employees (and not substitutes) with regularly assigned hours they will also be required to enroll in the New Jersey Pension System. This position is not eligible for district health benefits.
The paraprofessional works within the context of the classroom teacher’s lesson plans and daily structure, guiding and supporting the student(s)’ participation in classroom activities as needed.
- Facilitates the implementation of academic instructional programs, class work and assessments for students.
- Interacts daily with students and staff to conduct attendance and program tracking and reports.
- Maintains positive classroom environment and monitors student behavior to keep them on task.
- Maintains program instructional materials for students
- Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, children, and families.
High school diploma and knowledge of computer software required.
Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
2 years or 30 hrs of college experience preferred.
If you have additional questions about this position, please call the Special Educational Services Dept. at 732-505-5575.