School Nutrition Specialist
Job | Posted 5 years ago
Job Title: Child Nutrition Specialist
Reports to: Cafeteria Manager
Work Calendar: 182 Days
|The following statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.|
Responsible for preparing appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements and maintaining high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
High school diploma or GED preferred
Ability to understand instructions for food preparation and safety procedures.
Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food preparation
Some experience in cafeteria work helpful
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes.
2. Deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds.
3. Assist in the storage and care of food items and supplies; maintain a clean and organized storage area.
4. Care for and use equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
5. Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, procedures, and the monitoring of serving lines.
6. Follow established procedures to ensure standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
7. Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
8. Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
9. Assist with inventories and food productions records.
10. Maintain garbage collection containers and areas in a neat and sanitary fashion.
11. Observe professional ethical standards in accordance with generally accepted community standards and the Texas Education Agency code of ethics.
12. Meet or exceed district expectations for attendance.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Uses large and small kitchen equipment to include electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep-fat fryer, and sharp cutting tools; ovens; dishwashers; and food and utility carts.
Understands verbal instructions.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling; lifting and carrying 30 pounds without assistance; frequent stooping, bending, and kneeling. Moderate exposure to extreme hot and/or cold temperatures.
204 West Rogers , Willis , TX 77378
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558