Substitute Educational Interpreter, Lakewood City Schools
During this uncertain time, school districts continue to evaluate the structure of learning for their students and staff, that will position them in the most safe environment. We share in this effort and whether it be in classrooms or through remote learning, we will ensure you are provided with necessary guidelines and trainings to be effective in your work and remain healthy.
|LOCATION||Lakewood, OH 44107|
|PAY RATE||$20.22 Per Hour|
Rachel Wixey & Associates is proud to support Lakewood City Schools for the recruitment of substitute school based employment opportunities. Substitute Educational Interpreters play an important role in our schools by assisting students with special educational needs.
Minimum Qualifications / Education
- Associates Degree
- Valid Ohio Department of Education License: Interpreter for Hearing Impaired
- Clean criminal background.
- Three (3) positive professional references.
- Experience working with school aged children.
After Hire (Contingent)
- FBI & BCI Background checks dated within 12 months (Cost varies per agency).
- Online PublicSchoolWORKS: School Safety & Compliance training.
- Helps facilitate community participation in activities that enhance student learning.
- Provides expressive and voice interpreting that may include American Sign Language, a form of manually coded English, Pidgin Sign English, Signed English, and/or oral interpreting for hearing impaired student.
- Responds to student requests for assistance.
- Supports an inclusive educational environment.
- Helps students with disabilities participate in appropriate learning activities as directed.
- Works with staff to ensure that services are provided in the least restrictive educational environment.
- Provides one on one instructional support and/or note taking services for hearing impaired students as needed when interpreting is not required.
- Participates in educational team meetings (including multi factored evaluation processes) and the development and review of progress on IEPs.
- Provides insights and suggests goals that support the development of successful communication strategies.
- Provides interpreting services for extracurricular activities, parent meetings, PTA meetings, open house programs, etc
- Part time; on call
- Enrollment in School Employees Retirement System (SERS)