Substitute School Nurse (per diem $150/day)
*** This is a per diem position with a pay rate of $150/day. Flexible schedule.***
Position Title: Substitute School Nurse
Terms of Employment: per diem
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of New Hampshire.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Prior or related job experience
Reports to: Principal
To provide the fullest possible educational opportunity for each district student by minimizing absence due to illness and creating an educational climate of health and wellness in district schools.
- Conduct school programs of immunization, physical examinations, and sight and hearing testing as outlined by the State of New Hampshire school health manual.
- Observe students on a regular basis to detect health needs.
- Instruct teachers on screening students for health defects.
- Maintain up-to-date cumulative health records on all students.
- Report to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on student health matters
- Assume authority, in the absence of a physician, for the care of a student or staff member who has suffered an injury or emergency illness.
- Administer first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures.
- Implement policy on exclusion and readmission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases according to State of NH Department of Health and Human Services guidelines set by the CDC.
- Assist school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools.
- Develop and team teach cross-curricular units/interdisciplinary with teachers.
- Perform any other related services requested by the Principal.
***Fall Mountain Regional School District is an equal opportunity employer***