Substitute Bus Driver (CDL /school bus training provided)
Position Title:Substitute Bus Driver
Terms of Employment: per diem
• At least eighteen years of age and have a minimum of two years driving experience
• Valid CDL/B and School Bus Endorsement License
• Successfully complete a motor vehicle and criminal background check
• Pass a pre-employment drug test then random drug and/or alcohol tests
• Successfully pass a DOT physical every two years; after age 70 physical is annually
• Demonstrate the ability to drive/handle stressful situations
• Be mentally, physically and emotionally fit to insure normal driving competence and efficiency.
• Must maintain a valid contact phone number in order to be reached when an emergency arises
Reports To: Transportation Manager
Job Goals: To transport students to and from school safely and to maintain orderly conduct on the bus at all times. To properly care for school property placed in one's care.
- Operate the school bus in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and be in compliance with federal and state laws, rules and regulations regarding transportation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and be in compliance with the school district's policies and procedures.
- Perform proper procedures on pre-trip and post-trip inspection. Prepare necessary forms and report any maintenance problems to the Transportation Manager.
- Maintain student control and complete a written referral on misconduct when necessary. Submit a copy of the report to the Transportation Manager. Work cooperatively with school administrators, parents and Transportation Manager on discipline procedures.
- Provide a positive environment on the bus including cleanliness to ensure safe operating conditions.
- Adhere to route/trip schedules properly. Understand all bus stops are to be approved by the Transportation Manager. Minimize bus mileage
- Utilize log in/out procedures.
- Demonstrate proper use of the bus two-way radio
- Report any hazardous road conditions along the route to the Transportation Manager immediately.
- Perform semiannual bus evacuation drills on school grounds only.
- Successfully complete at least eight hours of in-service training in the field of transportation annually.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager.
***Fall Mountain Regional School District is an equal opportunity employer***