JobID 482 : Custodian-Substitute (#376999)
District-wide, as needed
Substitute for building custodians whose responsibilities include:
1. Keep building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways and play areas neat and clean always.
2. Regulate heat, ventilation and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water and electricity.
3. Shovel, plow and/or sand walks, driveways, parking areas and steps, as appropriate.
4. Check daily to insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
5. Raise the United States flag at or before 8:00 a.m. on each school day and lower it at or after 3:30 p.m.
6. Sweep classrooms daily and dust furniture.
7. Clean hallways after school each day and during the day when condition requires it.
8. Scrub, hose down and disinfect toilet floors daily and clean all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
9. Wash all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year and more frequently if necessary.
10. Keep the grounds free from rubbish.
11. Perform such grounds keeping chores as grass cutting, tree trimming and the like as necessary to maintain the school grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
12. Keep all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of preservation.
13. Clean all chalkboards at least once a week.
14. Make such minor building repairs as he is capable.
15. Report major repairs needed promptly to the principal.
16. Maintain on a regular schedule, all motors and other mechanical equipment requiring scheduled servicing.
17. Report immediately to the principal, any damage to school property.
18. Remain on the school premises during school hours and during non-school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and attendance is required by the principal.
19. Assume responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day and for determining, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
20. Keep an inventory of supplies, equipment and fuel on had and requisition such needed replacements from the principal far enough in advance so that they may be delivered in such time as will not hinder the custodian in his duties.
21. Conduct an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep and repair.
22. Move furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities and as directed by the principal.
23. Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash, rubbish and waste.
24. Conduct periodic inspections and tests of all electrical installations in the school to insure their safe conditions.
Exposure to electrical shock Heavy lifting (up to 100 lbs.)
Exposure to weather Near acuity
Far acuity Reaching
Field of vision Smelling