JobID 189 : Kitchen substitute (#376962)
Job | Posted 22 days ago
Under the direct supervision of the kitchen manager, to assist in the preparation of healthy, sanitary, and appealing food for the purpose of meeting the nutritional needs of students and staff members on an “as needed” basis when the regular employee is away from the building.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Assist with food preparation as designated by the kitchen manager.
- Assists in serving food so that staff and students receive food in a timely and friendly manner.
- Utilizes sound sanitation standards in order to meet all district, state, and federal requirements.
- Assists in tasks necessary for the efficient functioning of the district’s food service program such as handling money/managing staff and student lunch accounts, washing dishes, keeping the kitchen clean and organized, and re-stocking supplies.
- Assists other kitchen staff with tasks that need to be completed in order to meet deadlines.
- Assists with the inventory of stored, refrigerated, and frozen food on an as needed basis.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff and student lunch accounts.
- Maintains high standards of personal hygiene.
- Maintains a regular and predictable attendance history while employed by the district.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
- Uses standard kitchen equipment such as utensils, cookware, and appliances.
- Occasionally uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephones.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic food preparation methods such as washing, cutting, assembling and wrapping foods or ingredients.
- Knowledge of standard kitchen equipment, utensils, cookware, and appliances.
- Knowledge of stock rotation.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of large quantities of food.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff members.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Works in a standard school kitchen environment.
- Occasionally walks on slippery surfaces.
- Works in an environment where the noise level is frequently loud.
- Greater than average risk of getting a minor injury such as a cut or burn while performing the duties associated with the position.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High school diploma or completion of sufficient education to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Previous experience in a kitchen environment, preferably one involving the preparation of large quantities of food.
- Successful prior experience in a K-12 school lunch program preferred.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Ralston Public Schools
8545 PARK DR, RALSTON, NE 68127-3690
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,439 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 13.56
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 166