2.75 Hour per day Food Service Cook
PURPOSE: Assists in setting up, preparing and serving daily meals and assists in cleanup of food service areas and equipment, trays, silverware and utensils. Serve the students attractive and nutritious meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness, and warmth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Maintains the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
• Checks food shipments into the school, signing invoices only after each order has been verified.
• Determines the quantities of each food to be prepared daily.
• Determines the size of serving to meet the necessary age requirements.
• Prepares food according to a planned menu and tested, uniform recipes, and determines if the finished product is of best quality both in flavor and appearance before it is served.
• Confers with the food service director regarding any personnel problems.
• Reports to the food service director any faulty or inferior quality food which is received.
• Assists in daily cleaning of all kitchen equipment, and the washing and sterilizing of all dishes, silverware, and utensils.
HOURS: 2.75 hours per day 11:15 - 2:00