Substitute Food Service Server
PURPOSE: Assists in setting up and serving daily meals; moving carts, cases and trays of food; loads and re-loads vans; assists in cleanup of food service areas and equipment, trays, silverware and utensils.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (Others may be assigned)
· Prepares foods as specified on menus and/or according to plans set by Director of Food Service.
· Maintains responsibility for assigned food preparation, service and clean up.
· Performs food handling, line service or table service under strict safety and sanitary guidelines and regulations.
· Assesses amounts of food as directed; moves heavy carts, trays and cases of foods and drinks to replenish food in the line as required.
· Implements local and governmental policies and regulations as required.
· Keeps records and accounts for all meals served.
· Stores, shelves and accesses food supplies; keeps storage facility in an orderly manner.
· Abides by practices and procedures to safely lift and carry supplies.
· Practices safe operations of food service equipment; meets all district safety and sterility requirements.
· Cleans lunch room and/or areas assigned to food service and maintains sanitary conditions at all times; washes hands upon arrival; wears a hairnet at all times during work hours.
The district is establishing a pool of substitute servers for temporary openings as well as a pool for full time servers should opening occur in the future.