STEM Middle School
POSITION: STEM Middle School Teacher
EFFECTIVE: 2015-2016 School Year
LOCATION: Various Locations
NATURE OF WORK:
This is a professional position to meet the instructional goals of the school and school system by delivering instructional programs effectively to ensure student achievement.
- Direct and evaluate student learning experiences;
- Provide guidance to students to promote education development and welfare;
- Provide care and protection of school property;
- Supervise student activity on school property; and
- Plan and coordinate the instructional program in accordance with the current curricula.
- Participate in co-curricular activities;
- Maintain accurate student attendance;
- Assist students with learning activities;
- Take part in professional development activities;
- Cooperate with students and staff;
- Maintain open lines of communications with students, staff and parents; and
- Maintain current lesson plans.
- Possess professional certification for the appropriate teaching level.
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum, instruction, staff development, and assessment process.
- Possess the ability to relate well with students, colleagues, parents, and staff.
Full-time ten-month position.
SALARY GRADE RANGE:
The salary for this position will be based on the appropriate position on the teacher’s salary schedule (#1).
BARGAINING UNIT ELIGIBILITY: EASMC