Speech Language Pathologist
POSITION: Speech Language Pathologist
EFFECTIVE: 2015-2016 School Year
LOCATION: Various Locations (including home and community settings)
NATURE OF WORK:
This is a professional position to meet the individual needs of students through direct service and consultation to staff and families to support progress in the general education curriculum.
- Assessment and evaluation of student needs;
- Participation in IEP meetings;
- Development of long and short term learning goals and instructional supports; and
- Collaborative consultation with staff and families to support the development.
- Diagnose student speech, language, and other communicative disorders through analysis of test results, observation, teacher consultation, and information from parents;
- Develop and implement IEP for students with speech/language impairments;
- Consult with teachers and parents regarding the various aspects of speech/language skills development and their impact on achievement;
- Serve as a resource person to school personnel in the development and selection of materials to address the needs of students in the area of communication skills development;
- Re-evaluation and update of individual therapy programs;
- Maintain data on students in speech/language therapy;
- Participate in IEP team meetings for students having speech/language impairments;
- Provide cohesive, well-planned lessons to address speech and language needs of students as they relate to the general education curriculum;
- Complete logs for attendance and Medical Assistance;
- Maintain individual student data to measure progress on Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals and objectives;
- Support teachers in a coaching model to address ongoing language learning; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a master’s degree in speech pathology.
- Must hold current Maryland License issued by the Board of Examiners or hold a certificate issued by the Maryland State Department of Education.
Full-time ten-month position.
SALARY GRADE RANGE:
The salary for this position will be based on the appropriate position on the Licensed Professional salary schedule (#4).
BARGAINING UNIT ELIGIBILITY: EASMC