JobID 147 : Elementary Teacher (#375024)
Job Description – Elementary Teacher
• Instruct assigned class of students and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment, and reporting meet students’ varying learning and social needs;
• Positively maintain the ethos and core values of the school;
• Contribute to constructive team-building among staff members, parents, and trustees;
• Implement school and Sterling policies and guidelines;
• Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all students, through differentiation of tasks;
• Provide a stimulating classroom environment; incorporating multi-grade level strategies into curriculum
• Keep appropriate and efficient records;
• Maintain good order and discipline among students, in accord with the school’s behavior policy;
• Participate in meetings which relate to the school’s management, curriculum, administration or organization;
• Utilize standardized test scores, as well as informal assessments, to design instruction to meet the needs of each student;
• Regularly utilize and update Sterling programs, including Blackbaud.
• As directed, monitor student safety and well-being at arrival, departure, lunch, snack, and recess times.
• Assure no student is left unsupervised at any time of the day.
All elementary teachers must meet the following minimum employment criteria:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
• A valid, current teacher's certificate in Elementary Education.
• Verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
• Evidence of sensitivity and respect for others and willingness to work within cultural boundaries.
• Proof of regular and predictable attendance is essential.Regular attendance is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sterling Education is a private accredited Christian school offering small class sizes, top quality curriculum, defined discipline standards, and heavy parent involvement. We have multiple campuses throughout the US and Canada offering opportunities for advancement and career enhancement. Our teaching environment includes technology integration and individual instruction to meet the educational needs of our students.