JobID 2629 : Substitute School Bus Drivers (#374448)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
- Must possess a CDL License with S (School Bus) and P (Passenger) endorsements and all endorsements as required by state law.
- Minimum of 3 years safe driving experience.
- Ability to maintain passenger discipline to ensure their safety.
- Ability to comply with requirements sets forth in the state Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying law.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Have the ability to work with a variety of people.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community, including difficult and emotional situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, (additional language skills preferred) while using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Provide proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident alien status by completing Federal Form, I-9.
- Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Education.
- Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job functions and responsibilities with reasonable accommodation pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 12101 and in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A-4.
- Pass the State required Mantoux Intradermal Tuberculin Test as required by N.J.A.C. 6:34A-4.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Manager/ School Business Administrator
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The function of the Bus Driver is to provide, under direction of the Transportation Manager, the safe, efficient and economical transportation of Special Education pupils to various special classes located throughout the school district and any special schools outside the school district as well as the transportation of students in the regular school program as deemed necessary by the Transportation Manager and School Business Administrator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The driver shall be in full charge of the school bus at all times and shall be responsible for order; he/she shall report the unmanageable pupil to the principal of the school the student attends.
- All busses shall be thoroughly cleaned daily.
- Will obey all traffic laws and observes mandatory school bus safety regulations.
- Performs interior vehicle walk-through at the conclusion of each run to ensure that no pupil remains on the vehicle.
- Reports all incidents and pupil injuries immediately to the principal and the Transportation Manager in addition to completing required reports.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Before starting on a school bus route, the driver must inspect the bus each morning and complete a School Bus Condition Report. If the vehicle has any malfunctions that will impair a safe trip, he must notify the Transportation Manager.
- Adheres to established routes, designated bus stops and keeps to assigned time schedule.
- It is mandatory that the driver participate in emergency exit drills at least twice within the school year at each respective school.
- Driver must have bus inspected at least twice each year in cooperation with the New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles and the County Superintendent of Schools.
- Driver shall at all times comply with the Motor Vehicle Traffic Regulations as required by NJS Title 39.
- Driver shall make door-to-door pick up of pupils and transport them to designated receiving classes in the Perth Amboy School District.
- Greeting parents and the general public upon entering office.
- General office duties as assigned.
- Driver shall transport pupils on assigned athletic and educational field trips.
- Carries out additional duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager.
VERIFICATIONS OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application
2. Required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Employment interview.
Physical Demands, Visual Acuity and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job. Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
- Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
- Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
- Speak and hear.
- Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
- Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
- Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, Computers, and/or controls.
The environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
Employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive.
1. Exposure to a variety of childhood and adult diseases and illnesses.
2. Occasional exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
3. Exposure to heated/air conditioned and ventilated facilities.
4. Exposure to a building in which a variety of chemical substances are used for cleaning, instruction, and/or operation of equipment.
5. Function in a workplace that is usually moderately quiet but that can be noisy at times.
Terms of Employment:
10 month non-exempt position. Hourly salary and benefits as negotiated by the Perth Amboy Board of Education and Perth Amboy AFT. Bus Drivers will be evaluated by the Transportation Manager.
N.J.S.A. 18A:39-18 Information on bus drivers to be furnished
N.J.S.A. 18A:39-19.1 Information on bus drivers to be furnished
(Bus drivers; submission of home, address and fingerprints; criminal history record, check qualification; valid bus driver’s license)
N.J.S.A. 18A:39-20 Approval
N.J.S.A. 39:5 D-1 Commercial driver licenses
N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A.4 Requirements of physical examinations
N.J.A.C. 6A:27 Student transportation
N.J.A.C. 6A:27-12.1 Drivers and aides
Date Adopted: November 17, 1977
Date Amended: July 26, 2012
Perth Amboy School District
178 Barracks Street, Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345