Assistant for Multiple Disabilitities and Emotionally Disturbed Classrooms
MULTIPLE CLASSROOM AIDE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Duties and Responsibilities: Classroom aide will fuction as the assistant to the special education teacher in order to facilitate the implementation of the IEP small groups and individual settings. The classroom aide will assist the teacher in meeting program goals.
- Reinforce curricular and behavioral activities assigned by the teacher with small group or individual student.
- Construct instructional materials, forms, other program materials.
- Assist with non-instructional tasks as assigned (filing, supplies, duplication, etc.)
- Assist the group within the classroom and while moving throughout the building.
- Assist with implementation of classroom behavior management program and with individual programs specified in students’ IEPs.
- Assist with classroom record-keeping (attendance, progress charts, data collection, observation, formal and informal assessment, student work, homework folders.)
- Assist bus drivers with loading and unloading of students from bus.
- Assist with preparation, organization, and maintenance of classroom before and after arrival of students.
- Assist with physical needs of students (toiltering, feeding, personal grooming, mobility, motor tasks.)
- Assist substitute teachers.
- Handle medical emergencies with students and request assistance when needed.
- Assist on vocational sites (in-school and community sites), community visits, and field trips.
- Supervise students in lunchroom, snack, recess, and restroom activities.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information as a member of the student’s educational team.
- Follow procedures of school and of Mahoning County Educational Service Center.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the special education teacher, supervisor, coordinator, or principal.