JobID 184 : Substitute Teacher (#373802)
Position: Substitute Teacher
Reports to: Building Principal
Position description: The Substitute Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for academic, social, emotional, physical, spiritual and cultural growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that results in students achieving academic success. The teacher will acquire, master, and apply with fidelity those strategies that advance the District’s vision, mission, values, and goals.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement are continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Implements all school and Board policies and rules governing student conduct; and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- A valid Wyoming Substitute Certificate.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Works independently with little direct supervision
- Works as part of a team
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
- Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve District goals
- Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.