Nurse - District-Wide
Job | Posted a month ago
POSITION TITLE: School Nurse
JOB CODE: 000069, 000961, 001069
SALARY GRADE: 10 RT
CONTRACT LENGTH: varies
SAP: 30000066, 30000903, 30000941
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Principal
Responsible for implementation of health programs, health counseling with students, parents, and staff, provision of preventive health services, augmentation of health education programs, and liaison with the school community.
• Participates in program planning to meet the needs of students with special health care needs.
• Utilizes case management and the nursing process to manage the health care of students with chronic illness.
• Provides direct health care, emergency first aid care, medication administration, and related health services according to state laws and HISD policies and procedures.
• Provides preventive health care by: assessing the safety needs of students, conducting state mandated screening programs, including referral and follow-up; recognizing, reporting, and using control measures for communicable diseases; and monitoring and providing follow-up on immunization compliance.
• Provides students and families with health and medical resources and assists families with access to medical care.
• Conducts age-appropriate health programs and activities in collaboration with school staff.
• Counsels students and families on health conditions.
• Collaborates with community agencies and campus staff to implement a comprehensive school health program and the development of campus health program goals.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
• CPR/AED Certification
NOTE: HISD follows the Texas Board of Nursing recommendation that a newly licensed nurse not practice in an independent setting for a period of 12-18 months post-licensure
• The ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms, both internally and externally.
• The ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, drive and/or be mobile.
• Valid Texas driver’s license with applicable insurance coverage.
3233 Weslayan Street , Houston, TX 77027
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558