TITLE: Registrar (Housed at Ajo Way)
Full-Time: 40 hours, weekly Monday-Friday
The Registrar’s primary function is the enrolling and withdrawal of students at both Juvenile Detention Center and the Adult Detention Center. Much of school funding is based on attendance, so it is vital that records be accurate and up-to-date. The Registrar compiles “permanent records” including grades, transcripts, transfers, credits, attendance, etc.
- Enrollment and withdrawal of all incoming students
- Oversee and input all attendance accounting records into the district’s student management system
- Maintain complete and accurate records of student detail data using the district’s student management system so that such information can be successfully transmitted to the District, State, and Federal Agencies as required by law.
- Prepare/transmit transcripts and other official documents relating to students
- Evaluate transcripts of students transferring in or out of school.
- Oversee and assist with the attendance roster and discrepancies. Creates and sends withdrawal forms as needed.
- Coordinate student data entry tasks with Teachers and Intake Specialist.
- Request school records including birth certificates whose legal name is questioned: correct in student management system if necessary, notify school staff and Probation Officer.
- Upload students’ information to ADE: enrollment, withdrawal, SPED, name changes and absences. Verify PowerSchool information and ADE information match.
- Create snapshots using Detention’s JOLTs system of incoming students.
- Communicates with schools to avoid concurrencies including attendance and SPED.
- Maintains an updated list of contact information for all schools for requesting records and other student information.
- Participate in professional training opportunities offered by the District.
- Performs retention and destruction of student, school, and District files.
- Supervise the submission/collection of attendance reports from the classrooms
- Check accuracy of student attendance data. Provide information for Principal, Office Manager, Chief Financial Officer, District office, State, and Federal agencies.
- Maintain weekly enrollment reports by counts, percentages, and create graphs for submission to the District Superintendent.
- Maintain documentation records as required for audits.
- Serve as a liaison with the district and ADE in the creation and submission of required reports for all district sites. Which may include 100th Day, concurrency, membership and absence reports; drop out tracking, October 1st report, year-end enrollment report, Special Education census for December 1st and February 1st, annual Special Ed report, and any other reports assigned by the Principal or Office manager.
- Create, correct, and submit required student information from the district’s student management system to ADE in compliance with ADE’s timeframe. Research and correct students’ data information in PowerSchool as necessary to maintain congruency.
- Maintain integrity reports and ADE/ADM reports for all schools
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Principal and/or the Office Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience performing secretarial or administrative tasks in a school or school district office setting that demonstrate the required knowledge and skills including experience providing overall support and coordination for a department or specialized program in a school, school district, or education-related setting.
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable within the workplace.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Communicating professionally and working successfully with a large variety of constituents and representatives from external agencies.
- Strong skills in prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing, researching, compiling data, and reporting information effectively.
- Capable of handling and securing confidential student information.
- Utilizing Word, Excel, and other office software to maintain data and generate documents and reports.
- Possession or ability to obtain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a fingerprint clearance at Pima County Juvenile Detention Center and Pima County Adult Detention Center.
- Provide proof of MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Immunization and COVID vaccines
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Knowledge and experience with automated student information system PowerSchool and E-IEP Pro.
For questions about the position, please contact Shelly Duran at Shelly.Duran@pima.gov. For general questions about district benefits email HR-Schools@pima.gov.