Substitute Child Development Assistant & Preschool Enrichment - Multiple Positions (on call and permanent positions available)
General Job Description:
Primary responsibility is to assist the JCDC Instructor in the planning, supervision and direction of children during center hours. Hours vary between 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, based on established program shifts.
1. Demonstrates warmth, concern, caring, enthusiasm and a nurturing attitude, as well as a genuine
interest in children.
2. Exhibits flexibility and patience when dealing with students and staff.
3. Is able to accept teacher direction and performance evaluation.
4. Maintains confidentiality of information concerning students and program.
5. Is punctual and has regular attendance.
6. Exhibits appropriate dress and appearance in keeping with the school environment.
7. Is able to work independently within the guidelines established by the teacher and administrator.
8. Must be able to feed children, participate in floor play and maintain individual daily record sheets.
1. Child care classes; completed or in-progress.
2. Has evidence of successful experiences working with children.
3. High school diploma or GED certificate.
4. Must be 18 years of age or older.
5. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
This is an hourly position. Wages start at $11.00/hour.
Applications will be received until all positions are filled.
The Livonia Public Schools School District prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, handicap, or disability in any of its educational programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 15125 Farmington Road Livonia, MI 48154 (734) 744-2501.