Guest Teacher/Licensed Substitute
Job | Posted 2 years ago
FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2020-2021
THESE LICENSED TEACHER SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS ARE "ON CALL" TO FILL IN FOR TEACHERS WHO WILL BE ABSENT FROM THE CLASSROOM.
Compensation is $14.31 hourly base rate
- Follow lesson plans left by the teacher.
- Create a flexible program and a class environment favorable to student learning and personal growth.
- Establish effective rapport with students to motivate them to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good educational background in accordance with each student's ability.
- Read and practice appropriate district policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as may, from time to time, be assigned.
- Initial or Professional Colorado Teaching License preferred.
- Colorado Three- or Five-year Substitute Authorization required. (One-year Substitute Authorization is not accepted).
- Ability to work with diverse student backgrounds
- Ability to report to work when called and arrive within short notice of start time of assignment.
- Ability to engage students in the learning process and maintain control of the classroom at all times.
- Perform duties as assigned; these duties may include, but are not limited to, playground duty, lunchroom duty, hall duty.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Criminal background check and District fingerprinting required.
Apply online www.hsd2.org
After your application is reviewed and accepted, you will be contacted by the Guest Services Office to obtain permission for a background check.
Harrison School District 2
3555 Drennan Rd , Colorado Springs, CO 80910
At the following locations
Harrison Road , Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415