Lakewood Park Christian School
General Duties: The chief responsibility of the Teaching Assistant is to support students academically and to assist with supervision of students at lunch, recess, departure and arrival. Job responsibilities can be assigned and/or re-assigned at any time as determined by the administration.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work with students as directed by the classroom teacher
- Comply with school rules, policies, and procedures as a model for others.
- Model and motivate others to display respect, common courtesy, and the dignity of others.
- Handle student discipline using established discipline guidelines.
- Enforce rules, policies, and procedures by administering consequences consistently, fairly, promptly, and couched in Biblical principles.
- Respect and honor all confidential information with complete confidence and respect.
- Direct traffic and implement safety procedures for students during arrival and departure times.
- Professional appearance and attitude to create a positive first impression
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with administrators, faculty, and staff
- Excellent written communication skills, including spelling, grammar, appearance, accuracy, and correct form
- Excellent oral communication skills including grammar, warmth, and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills resulting in assigned projects being completed by established deadlines
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Strong organizational skills needed.
- Has a growing personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ
- Shows evidence of spiritual maturity and has a personal Christian testimony
- Projects enthusiasm, professionalism, and poise in situations with administration, staff, and students
- Exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control) in speech and deeds
- Gives suggestions and opinions with a bold humility, and accepts criticism or suggestions with a teachable spirit
- Agrees with and supports the school’s statement of faith and philosophy of Christian education
- Agrees with and supports administration and board decisions/policy for the sake of unity
- Attends a church with a doctrinal statement consistent with LPCS doctrinal statement
- Is a self-starter, able to work independently with little support
- Able to establish rapport with students and other staff members, setting them at ease and providing information with courtesy and kindness
- Can keep confidences and understands the confidential nature of the records and information entrusted to him/her
- Dependable, arriving on time and working the expected hours each week
- Flexible and able to handle a variety of tasks at the same time
- Willing and able to learn new tasks and work as a team to accomplish office goals
- Possesses a servant’s heart and willingness to do what it takes to make others successful
Supervision and evaluationThe Teaching Assistant is supervised and evaluated by the elementary principal.
Part time requirement –up to 29 hours per/ week for 180 days of the school year plus 5 extra days.