JobID 1978 : (GA) Thomasville City Schools Crossing Guard (#369473)
Posted a year ago
Substitute Crossing Guard
An ESS school crossing guard assists students in crossing streets safely when entering and leaving school. This person is responsible for ensuring that traffic is managed properly during school hours and that students are made aware of hazards that may be posed to them when crossing the street.
- Monitor and control traffic coming into and out of assigned school prior to and at the end of the school day
- Ensure the safe and orderly conduct of students on the bus
- Assist students in safely crossing intersections adjacent to school
- Stop traffic with sign and hand signals at or near school crosswalks and intersections
- Patrol street crossings and school entrances during the hours when students are going to and from school
- Instruct students in safety precautions when crossing the street
- Recognize and communicate potentially dangerous traffic situations
For a complete job description of a substitute crossing guard, click here.
- High School Diploma or GED
- State/FBI Criminal History Clearance
- Drug Screen – Varies by District
For frequently asked questions, click here.