Substitute Bus Driver
POSITION: Substitute Bus Driver
LOCATION: Transportation Department
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years experience as substitute school bus driver or bus driver.
- Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license or CDL.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
- Exercise maximum regard for the safety and welfare of all transported students while operating a school bus.
- Work closely with Transportation and the school principals regarding hazards encountered on bus routes.
- Conduct thorough pre-trip inspection of the vehicle and its special equipment to ensure operating properly.
- Inform Transportation regarding any suggested changes in route schedules or bus loads.
- Assist other school bus drivers with their routes in cases of emergencies.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Complete and submit to Transportation all required reports and information.
- Possess the physical and mental capability of operating all school buses assigned to Transportation.
- Address and assist with student discipline problems, aided by the school administration and Transportation.
- Facilitate a feeling of safety and security to transported students.
- Manage students in a positive and effective way.
- Keep the assigned bus clean and sanitary at all times.
- Comply with Georgia Department of Education School Board Regulations and School Board Policies pertaining to school bus driver certification and responsibility.
- Attend assigned workshops and training programs.
- Submit to Drug and/or Alcohol testing when required by School Board, State, and/or Federal policy.
- Report unsafe acts or conditions which require the attention of any person other than the driver.
- Communicate effectively with the school, staff and the public.
- Provide maximum safety for passengers while on the school bus, and also during loading and unloading of the school bus.
- Inspect the school bus at the end of each run to ensure that no student is left on the bus.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Transportation or Designee.
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
SALARY RANGE: Monthly, 180 days.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicants will begin and will continue until the position is filled.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY ONLINE.
The System reserves the right to waive any qualifications or other provisions of this advertisement by statute or regulations.
Dougherty County School System uses the Applicant Tracking system from Aspex Solutions to manage employment applications online.
The Dougherty County School System is a leading catalyst and advocate for public education in Southwest Georgia. It's the largest school system in the second congressional district. The school district has 21 schools (14 elementary, 4 middle and 3 high schools), five learning centers and the Commodore Conyers College & Career Academy. All schools are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC). The DCSS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Dougherty County is recognized for its quail and duck hunting, fishing, the Flint River and many cypress swamps. The County has a population of approximately 90,000. Our County has two institutions of higher education, Albany State University and Albany Technical College. Notable points of interests include the Albany Museum of Art, the Flint RiverQuarium, the Albany Civil Rights Institute, the Parks at Chehaw, Radium Springs Gardens, and Thronateeska Heritage Center, which includes the Museum of History, Wetherbee Planetarium, and the Science Discovery Center. Dougherty County is a short drive to Atlanta, the Georgia coast, as well as the Florida Gulf Coast beaches.
This document provides descriptive information about the above The Dougherty County School System position. Work actually performed by incumbents in this position may vary. Although this document may be used for recruiting, staffing, or career planning, the information contained herein should only be used as a guideline or recommendation for the content of and qualifications for this position. The Dougherty County School System reserves the right to make changes to this document as deemed necessary without providing advance written notice.