JobID 195 : Instructional Assistant (Grades PreK-8th Grade) (#368979)
1. Meets Highly Qualified Teacher Assistant Requirements.
2. Hold's Teaching Certificate (Preferred).
3. Holds Bachelor's Degree (Preferred).
4. Demonstrates skill in both written and oral communications and human relations.
5. Required criminal history background check, proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident status & NJ residency.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: Under the direction and supervision of the certified classroom teacher, principal or other designated certified personnel, assists faculty members in the instruction of students and in facilitating student's learning activities so that they attain the established curriculum goals adopted by the University Heights Charter School
1. Assists the classroom teacher in the delivery of an effective instructional program.
2. Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce the learning of information or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
3. Assists teachers and/or students in the implementation of enrichment or remedial work in independent study, in undertaking laboratory
4. Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
5. Helps students master equipment or materials assigned by the classroom teacher.
6. Serves, in emergency situations, as a substitute teacher.
7. Assists the teacher in designing strategies to reinforce skills which meet the individual student needs.
8. Assists the teacher in maintaining an inventory, organizing educational materials, preparing instructional documents, and other activities which facilitate the educational program.
9. Processes student paperwork in accordance with the directions of the teacher.
10. Assists the teacher in organizing the classroom for instruction.
11. Supports the teacher in maintaining a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the needs and interests of the students.
12. Maintains student conduct in situations assigned by the principal.
13. Strives to maintain and enhance professional competence through professional reading as well as participation in workshops, conferences and appropriate staff development programs in accordance with district guidelines.
14. Attends staff meetings as required by contract.
15. Serves on staff committees on a voluntary basis.
16. Cooperates and shares professionally with other members of the staff.
17. Maintains confidentiality about students in accordance with state and federal law and district policy.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Ten-month employee. Salary to be recommended by Executive Director and approved by board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the board's policy on evaluation of the superintendent.