Part Time Teacher Assistants
Teacher Assistant for Special Education
Job Summary:To assist the classroom teacher by working with individual and small groups of disabled students to provide them with physical help and emotional support as needed to gain optimum benefit from the District's Special Education program.
- High School Diploma; college-level coursework in education or related field*
- Minimum experience as determined by the Board
- Demonstrated ability to assist with instructional activities and to communicate effectively with students, parents and school staff
- Knowledge of diverse needs of children with disabilities and appropriate Special Education classroom practices
- Required criminal history check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
Selection Procedure: Selection of employees will be made on the basis of occupational qualification, education and character and without regard to age, sex, race, creed, color or national origin.