New Canaan Public Schools has an immediate opening for a driver / transportation aide. "V" endorsement preferred. Willingness to obtain the "V" endorsement also preferred.
Provide a transportation environment that meets each special needs child at his/her developmental level. Due to an array of challenges that can contribute to behaviors exhibited by a special needs student, a transportation aide may be asked to control various environments that change dramatically from day to day. As a representative of NCPS and being among the first contacts in the morning and the last in the afternoon, create an atmosphere of love, understanding, trust and caring through positive experiences and being a role model. The (special education) transportation aide is to fulfill his/her work assignment with the knowledge that courtesy, cooperation and tact are guiding principles in each relationship. A transportation aide must exhibit a personal concern that protects the interests and safety of the child, parents, and the NCPS organization.
- Bachelors degree required. Must be able to speak, read, and write in English language.
- Must be able to physically lift a minimum of 40 lbs. and have the ability to assist children into or out of a vehicle when that child may have some challenges in agility or balance.
- Must demonstrate empathy for each child’s challenge(s) and skills to manage each individual.
- Experience with school aged students (from pre-K to age 21) preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- "V" endorsement preferred.
Please complete an application on our district website and upload a cover letter and resume.