Instructional Assistant K-7
Posted 2 years ago
Wayne Preperatory Academy
Reports To: Managing Director and Supervised by School Administration/ Operations.
The instructional assistant is responsible for providing assistance to instructional programs by assisting the teacher in achieving educational objectives by working with teachers, individual students, or small groups to help them achieve the skill levels of the class as a whole.
The instructional assistant assists the teacher in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment as aligned with Wayne Preparatory Academy’s culture.The instructional assistant plays a primary role in the execution of daily operations of the school.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Knowledge of Curriculum and Programs
- Supports teachers in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment and in assuring the well being and safety of the children in their care.
- Plans with and assists the teacher in preparing materials and supplies in advance for activities
- Effective Use of Instructional Delivery Systems & Assessment
- Assumes the teacher’s role in leading selected activities during designated parts of the class-day on a periodic basis.
- Executes instructional activities with individual scholars or small groups of scholars following teacher direction and demonstration.
- Assist the teachers in maintaining confidential assessment binders, consisting of lesson progress, student mastery, individual goals and observations of progress toward meeting goals.
- Assists teachers with the implementation and development of assessments for children to determine areas of acceleration and remediation
- Management of the Leadership Program and Learning Environment
- Exhibits a genuine nurturing, caring attitude to all children
- Maintains a positive, calm attitude and a soft voice, and encourages this attitude and voice in others working in the classrooms
- Maintains a cooperative attitude of working together with the teacher, volunteers, partners, and program specialists in planning and implementing activities
- Assist the teacher in executing Wayne Preparatory Academy’s discipline policy
- Assist the teacher in implementing behavior plans
- Professional Responsibilities
- Assist the teacher in maintaining a confidential child classroom folders
- Supports lunch distribution and teacher execution of lunch
- Familiar with the teacher’s lesson plans, daily schedule, methods for recording attendance, and all other daily duties of the teachers
- Serves as a source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher
- Assumes the role of the teacher for core programs when teachers are absent
- Attends all training opportunities as provided by Wayne Preparatory Academy
- Performs any other task deemed necessary by the Managing Director
- Participate in Grade Level Meetings
- Participate in Professional Learning Communities