Thunderbird Preparatory Academy
Thunderbird Preparatory Academy is a tuition-free public charter school located in Cornelius, NC. In 2016/2017, we will be serving grades K-6. Our focus is to provide whole-student development utilizing the following education practices: Strengths and leadership based development and the Core Knowledge curriculum. We are currently seeking an Teacher Assistant/Co-teacher to join our team!
- Assists in the instruction of individual students or groups of students in all curricular areas as directed by the teacher.
- Plans and works with the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing skills and concepts based on the understanding of individual students ? their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Operates and cares for equipment and materials for instructional purposes.
- Assists and/or supervises during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, field trips, and to other designated places.
- Alerts the teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Participates in in-service training programs for professional growth.
- Assists with school routines and transitions.
- Assists in checking materials and portfolios, correcting papers, supervising, and testing as directed by the teacher.
- Assists with student attendance procedures, record keeping, collecting money, ordering materials, and other tasks as assigned.
- Assists in keeping bulletin boards and other classroom learning centers current.
- Participates in the daily bus, car, and van transportation duties involving children?s arrival and departure to and from school.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- Cornelius, NC
- High school or equivalent