Part time/Fulltime Music Teacher K-6
THUNDERBIRD PREPARATORY ACADEMY
Thunderbird Preparatory Academy is a tuition-free public charter school located in Cornelius, NC. In 2016/2017, we will be serving grades K-6. Our focus is to provide whole-student development utilizing the following education practices: Strengths and leadership based development and the Core Knowledge curriculum. We are currently seeking a Music Teacher to join our team!
JOB TITLE: CLASSROOM MUSIC TEACHER
To teach music education to students and assist the staff understanding and appreciation of music instruction. To support student growth in their enjoyment, appreciation and performance of music through a variety of planned music experiences in the classroom setting including singing, moving, and playing of instruments.
- Valid state teacher certificate required or equivalent.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university or college.
- Some experience working with choice schools (Charter, Private, or Magnet) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and performance skills.
- Teaches skills in music understanding/appreciation, harmony, explorations in music and choral music to elementary level students.
- Possesses the ability to be flexible in designing a program appropriate for the classroom setting and aligned to the visions of Thunderbird Prep.
- Plans and executes a balanced music program and organizes allotted time to adapt to the transitional flow of the program from classroom to classroom.
- Collaborates and actively participates in PLC groups with non-music teachers to integrate the arts across curriculum and grade levels.
- Encourages students to develop individual musical skills to the greatest extent possible.
- Utilizes a repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary resources that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students.
- Ability to play or perform a musical instrument to enhance student engagement and fidelity of the music program.
- Cooperates and coordinates with administrative staff and teachers to provide musical programs for school assemblies, open houses, parent meetings and seasonal programs.
- Effectively communicates and solicits parent and community support for music education integration into the Thunderbird Preparatory experience.
10 MONTH POSITION