Part time/Fulltime Physical Education Teacher K-6
THUNDERBIRD PREPARATORY ACADEMY
JOB TITLE: Physical Education Teacher
Thunderbird Preparatory Academy is a tuition-free public charter school located in Cornelius, NC. In 2016/2017, we will be serving grades K-6. Our focus is to provide whole-student development utilizing the following education practices: Strengths and leadership based development and the Core Knowledge curriculum.
To develop and implement a physical education program for students that involves organized, deliberate lessons designed to enhance the physical education and health of all students. Provide on-going and timely feedback to students about living a healthy, active lifestyle. Design a spiraling curriculum that builds by grade-level to prepare students for both organized play and healthy living.
- Valid state teacher certificate required with specific endorsement in the assigned area or equivalent.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university or college.
- Some experience working with choice schools (Charter, Private, or Magnet) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with families and community members.
- Develops and implements an instructional plan which is compatible with the Thunderbird vision. Integrates auditory and visual aspects along with kinesthetic learning styles for delivering physical education.
- Designs and implements activities that are purposeful and support the purpose of being physically active and healthy.
- Integrates thematic units into lesson planning so students acquire a holistic view of healthy eating, exercising and being a team-player.
- Possesses the ability to effectively communicate with parents, staff and students concerning goals and plans outlined in the special area and physical education curriculums.
- Actively participates during staff meetings, in-service trainings, and Professional Learning Communities concerning student development and school-wide initiatives.
- Effectively utilizes common assessments to determine student performance levels and adjusts instruction to ensure mastery.
- Uses technological resources to enhance the experience of physical education.
- Assumes responsibility for extra-curricular activities involving the Physical education and health curriculums.
- Presents a positive attitude and invigorates and motivates students to life goals of staying healthy and active.
10 MONTH POSITION