Elementary School Teacher: Elementary Intermediate - Grades 4, 5
THUNDERBIRD PREPARATORY ACADEMY
Thunderbird Preparatory Academy is a tuition-free public charter school located in Cornelius, NC. In 2016/2017, we will be serving grades K-6. Our focus is to provide whole-student development utilizing the following education practices: Strengths and leadership based development and the Core Knowledge curriculum. We are currently seeking Elementary Classroom Teachers to join our team!?
TITLE: Elementary School Teacher: Intermediate - Grades 4, 5
To assist school principal in the total school program with focus on academic achievement.
1. Hold a NC Teacher Certificate in Elementary Education or equivalent
2. Have qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively in professional learning communities (PLC) with staff and community with focus on student academic achievement.
3. Have additional strengths, gifts and abilities to contribute for the overall school success.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills with families and community members
REPORTS TO: Managing Director/Principal
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Use of technology for lessons.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade book.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create relevant standards-based lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
10 MONTH SALARY
Position Begins Janurary 04, 2017 for the 2016-2017 School Year