JobID 465 : Recruiter/Account Manager-Jamaica Queens (#367587)
Location: Queens, NY
Job Title: Account Manager
Salary: Base + Bonus
Reports to: Business Services Manager
General Description: Grant Associates is a New York City-based staffing and training company with offices in all five New York City boroughs, Atlanta, Maryland, Oklahoma and Washington DC. Since 1997, businesses and government agencies at the local, state and federal levels have contracted with us to deliver employment and training services in an innovative way. The Account Manager develops jobs within the community which are then presented to job seeking clients in the Career Centers. The Account Manager works with the Career Advisors to find and place qualified candidates in those jobs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers in order to generate job opportunities for our jobseeker base.
- Obtain employment orders or contracts for services.
- Work closely with Career Advisors to determine the types of jobs that match the skills and qualifications of our jobseeker base.
- Market job opportunities to jobseekers through one-on-one meetings and on-site recruitment events as well as offsite events with NYC community partners to connect jobseekers with employers.
- Screen candidates for job interviews and make appropriate referrals to employers.
- Build a pipeline of qualified candidates to fill open positions, screen them according to the job requirements, refer them to interviews, and follow up with the employer.
- Make ongoing follow-up calls with jobseekers and employers to determine employment status and satisfaction with services delivered.
- Meet performance expectations and prepare regular reports of results.
- Develop through constant cold-calling and maintain relationships with employers to generate job opportunities with sustainable living wages.
- Market recruitment services to employers while providing quality candidates to fill current vacancies within the 5 boroughs.
- Function as an integral member of a team to operate Workforce1 Career Centers where over 30,000 jobseekers were placed last year.
- Effectivley and efficiently screen and coach jobseekers on a one-on-one or group screening basis for open positions while making appropriate candidate referrals to employers.
Work and Education Experience
- BA or BS degree.
- 2-3 years’ experience in recruiting, sales, job development or account management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment