JobID 440 : Partner Coordinator (#367573)
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Job Title: Community/ Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Site Manager
General Description: Grant Associates is a New York City-based staffing and training company with offices in four New York City boroughs, Atlanta and Washington DC. Since 1997, businesses and government agencies at the local, state and federal levels have contracted with us to deliver employment and training services in an innovative way. Community/Marketing Coordinator provides superior customer service in a fast-paced environment at the front desk and Case Management office.
- Develop and implement a phased strategy for initial resident outreach in a way that will ensure all target populations are reached
- Continuously work with the Program Director, Case Manager, Account Manager and Trainer/Education Specialist to develop targeted re-engagement plans for the WorkSource Montgomery Young Adult Opportunity Program members who have not been following through on their Career or employment Plans.
- Create a strategy for continuously engaging all out of school Youth age 16-24 in the Montgomery County area on an informal basis to maintain connections, encourage success and create a strong program presence in the communities.
- Plan special community events in conjunction with other WorkSource Montgomery Community Partners (e.g., job fairs, recruiting events, youth group meetings throughout the community, financial planning events, Comedy Night, Movie Night, Holiday Gift giving, etc.)
- Attend all Montgomery County Community organization meetings and other community events where WorkSource Montgomery should have an outreach presence.
- Counsel individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their educational, vocational, and career goals.
- Gathers information on work history, educational background, experience and interests to assists customers with the development of Individual Responsibility Place to include personal customer goals, career goals, and job readiness needs.
- Facilitates orientations for Case Management Department including pre and post-placement coaching and update action plans are required
- Monitors customer progress of career and education goals and maintains customer information in electronic case management database
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience in community organizing, recruiting, outreach and building customer based for employment and educational training programs.
- Experience working with public housing residents, community organizations, High Schools, Churches, Community Centers and Community Leaders.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not necessary.