JobID 425 : Proposal Writer (#367569)
Location: New York, NY
Job Title: Proposal Writer
Reports to: Site Manager
General Description: Grant Associates is a New York City-based staffing and training company with offices in four New York City boroughs, Atlanta and Washington DC. Since 1997, businesses and government agencies at the local, state and federal levels have contracted with us to deliver employment and training services in an innovative way. The Proposal Writer will be responsible for managing the RFP (request for proposal) process from inception to conclusion under the direction of Communications Director.
- Work with Program Directors to write, edit and project manage proposals in response to government RFPs.
- Coordinate, assemble and submit all proposal materials, including narrative, budget narrative, and accompanying attachments.
- Provide information to CFO and Finance team for budget preparation.
- Ensure on-time delivery of submissions in accordance with proposal deadlines.
- Attend bidders conferences to gather information on potential proposals.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to work under tight deadlines and with complex instructions.
- Ability to plan and prioritize to meet proposal deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or writing-intensive major.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in proposal writing, proposal project management, or related positions.
- Demonstrated recorded success in securing government contracts a plus.
- Familiarity with city, state and federal funding sources, and experience in workforce development field a strong plus.