School Bus Driver Substitute
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To provide safe, punctual, and comfortable operation of the school bus and perform related work as assigned by the Director or Route Supervisors.
PAY RATE: $13.00 per hour as outlined on the Substitute Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Transportation Route Supervisor
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Drive a school bus on assigned routes or as directed, observing all department rules and regulations.
- Adhere to all safety practices and attend all Department meetings.
- Drivers shall adhere to the dress code adopted by the Douglas County Board of Education.
- Drivers are expected to maintain an appropriate level of dress and grooming.
- Exercise sound judgement and proficient operation when driving bus.
- Keep vehicle clean inside and outside and adhere to all maintenance procedures.
- Maintain bus dscipline and adhere to discipline reporting procedures.
- Perform pre-trip inspection prior to daily routes and other trips.
- Fuel bus as needed to ensure that bus does not run out of fuel.
- Deliver bus to fleet as directed for service and repairs.
- Submit all reports as instructed by the Transportation Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION LEVEL: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Georgia CDL
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill the job responsibilities.
PROFICIENT SKILLS: Excellent driving record, communication, and organization skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants should complete an application at www.dcssga.org. (Click on "Employment" then "Job Vacancies/Postings" to link to classified application.)